Required Travel: 11 - 25%
Employment Type:Full Time/Salaried/Exempt
Hours Per Week:40
Level of Experience:SeniorSummary
HII Mission Technologies is seeking a Lead Network Engineer to provide management and oversight of all network design and implementation activities related to the Mobility Air Forces Distributed Mission Operations (MAF DMO) Performance Work Statement (PWS). The selected candidate will serve as the primary network design point of contact (POC) between the contractor team and the customer. The selected candidate will be responsible for managing and overseeing all network activities associated with all contractor personnel, subcontractor and teaming partners. The selected candidate will also provide management, direction, administration, quality assurance, and leadership on technical matters.
The selected candidate will ensure delivery of all services as required by the MAF DMO task order while managing a geographically separated team of employees and subcontractors to meet Mobility Air Force Training requirements.
What you will do
- Oversee and manage the technical aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management.
- Reviews status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports.
- Assess project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Develop mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and clients.
- Provide technical solutions for MAF DMO standards development, verifying interoperability of simulators and equipment on the network, executing MAF events as scheduled, and performing integration and test of MAF DMO Aircrew Training System (ATS) platforms onto the Distributed Training Center Network (DTCN) per the Air Mobility Command (AMC) MAF DMO Flight Plan.
- The contractor team will address the continuation of the full range of MAF training requirements per MAF Concept of Operations (CONOPS), to include Virtual Air Refueling (VAR) training capability, and subsequent sustainment for the following MAF platforms - C-17, KC-135, KC-46, C-5, C-130J, and C-130H per MAF DMO Flight Plan.
- Additional emerging platforms, to include coalition partners, and Combat Air Forces.
- Report on overall network performance including frequent problems, underlying issues and plans to improve network availability, performance and problem resolution.
- Trains users, maintains, creates and deletes user accounts.
- Maintains and updates system security plans on all platforms. Implements and coordinates network policies, procedures and standards. Enforces network security procedures
- May be assigned responsibility for the management of the systems administration function, including associated staff.'
8 years relevant experience with Bachelors in related field; 6 years relevant experience with Masters in related field; or High School Diploma or equivalent and 13 years relevant experience.
- Experience creating designs and plans for a network communications systems.
- Experience creating and modifying specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture.
- Knowledge of tools to conduct a cost/benefit analysis to provide specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Ability to describe the process of testing network design.
- Experience with monitoring network hardware operations to ensure properly set configuration options.
- Ability to plan implementation of enhancements and upgrades to the network.
- Experience with advising network users of hardware requirements, configurations, and limitations.
- History of maintaining technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Past experience with evaluating and reporting on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Must maintain a secret clearance
Preferred: Bonus Points For...
- Previous experience managing a USAF distributed training network
- Experience in Mobility Air Force (MAF) operations and training.
May require working in an office, industrial, shipboard, or laboratory environment. Capable of climbing ladders and tolerating confined spaces and extreme temperature variances.
This opportunity resides with Live, Virtual, Constructive Solutions, a business group within Mission Technologies, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries. As a trusted partner to our military customers, we design, develop and operate systems that bring together service members from across the globe to help you train like you fight, because we understand that preparation requires full coordination-not readiness in piece parts.
HII is a global engineering and defense technologies provider. With a 135-year history of trusted partnerships in advancing U.S. national security, HII delivers critical capabilities ranging from the most powerful and survivable naval ships ever built, to unmanned systems, ISR and AI/ML analytics. HII leads the industry in mission-driven solutions that support and enable a networked, all-domain force. Headquartered in Virginia, HII's skilled workforce is 44,000 strong. For more information, please visit:
Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.