Location Kennesaw, GeorgiaUS
Job ID JR-020879
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
PerkinElmer is seeking a Laboratory Internship Associate, who will use their experience in pipetting, DNA extraction, and plating to work with the Laboratory Team.
- Routinely certify Omni bead tube nuclease-free and, on occasion, microbial DNA-free.
- Perform DNA, RNA, and protein extractions from biological samples.
- Receive and inventory lab chemicals and supplies.
- Take photos of laboratory projects.
- Assisting the Application specialist in customer reports and application development.
- Responsible for laboratory cleanliness.
- Maintaining microbial cultures, including bacteria and yeast, for application development
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Microbiology or related science.
- 2+ years of lab experience.
- 1+ year of experience in DNA, RNA, and protein extraction and analysis techniques including electrophoresis.
- Must possess knowledge of general laboratory techniques including pipetting, staining, and buffer creation.
- Must have proficient knowledge to navigate and use Microsoft Office such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Experience with laboratory or medical equipment
- Experience with MAS90/SAGE 100 software a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Adheres to safety, confidentiality, compliance and legal requirements
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational skills
- Positive attitude with an ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Sitting, standing, and bending
- Lifting and/or moving of up to 10 lbs.
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust and focus.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.