The IT Internship program is focused on providing interns exposure to Guidewell Source's business processes and the IT systems that support it. Interns will have the opportunity to learn about the Company's IT Command Center, "World Class" Data Center, Information Security and Privacy, Data Analytics, Software Development teams, and their practices, and the Innovation Departments. During the program, they will get exposure to Senior IT Leadership and will have the opportunity to present their internship project outcomes at the end of the program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This list of essential job functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
Candidates have the opportunity to choose from one of the 3 internship tracks:
Information Security and Privacy:
Interns in this track will work with the cybersecurity team and be
given the opportunity to work with highly skilled members on
real-world issues and projects. In addition, interns will get exposed to government security
and privacy compliance frameworks and an integrated risk management program.
The intern for the Engineering and Innovation role will participate in planning and
development activities for web related projects. This individual will be able to participate in strategic projects
that will be helping the Companydeliver new capabilities and experiences to customers within the
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and customer self-service platforms. The intern
will have the opportunity to learn web application development practices and techniques
that enterprise uses to deliver customer facing solutions and enhancements.
Interns for this program will be focused on monitoring, installation, configuration,
debugging, administration, troubleshooting, and maintenance of technology solutions.
To be successful in this role, they would need to demonstrate proficiency and
experience in design, implementation, monitoring and/or troubleshooting technology.
Performs other duties as the supervisor may, from time to time, deem necessary. (To be included on all templates).
* Currently enrolled in computer science, information technology, mathematics, cybersecurity or related degree program as a Graduate student at an accredited college/university
* Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
* Must be able to commit to working at least 30 hours a week
* Basic PC skills required including working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
* Exposure to UI/UX frameworks and design principles
* Exposure to or familiarity to with concepts and technologies such as network and/or application firewalls, IP addresses, data encryption, Windows/Linux platforms, Active Directory, and event monitoring
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; team and collaboration-oriented
* Work under minimal supervision and adapt to a dynamic, changing environment
* Must be a creative and innovative thinker
The Federal Government and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) may require applicants to have lived in the United States for a minimum of three (3) years out of the last five (5) years to be employed with the Company.
These years of residence do not have to be consecutive.
"We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled"